Sweet Potato Dippers Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 2 medium), peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- Additional finely chopped green onion, optional
- 1. Cut potatoes into 1/8-in. slices. Place in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- 2. Arrange in a single layer in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat dip ingredients. Serve with potatoes. Garnish with additional onion if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 155 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Dippers
"I loved them. Made them in place of french fries with burgers. I would make them again. And you don't need the dipping sauce."
"Simple recipe and tasted delicious!"
"I have made this twice now, and my kids, both of whom complain when I make them eat sweet potatoes, eat these with little if any complaint. My husband who isn't thrilled with sweet potatoes, eats them like candy. I will say that I used Wegman's basting oil, which is a grapeseed/canola oil blend seasoned with thyme, parsley and garlic, instead of canola oil. As is, they are delicious even without the dipping sauce."
"great diabetic snack"