Sweet Potato Dippers Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 2 medium), peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- Additional finely chopped green onion, optional
- 1. Cut potatoes into 1/8-in. slices. Place in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- 2. Arrange in a single layer in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat dip ingredients. Serve with potatoes. Garnish with additional onion if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup dippers with 2 tablespoons dip equals 155 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.