“My family wouldn’t dream of a Thanksgiving dinner without this side dish, but it’s great anytime—I serve it once a month.” The fluffy texture and subtle orange flavor make it a standout. —Marlene Kroll, Chicago, Illinois
Recommended: 36 Delicious Dump and Go Recipes
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or just until tender. Drain potatoes; place in a large bowl and mash. Stir in the orange marmalade, orange juice, brown sugar and extract. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into sweet potato mixture. Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Delight in Healthy Cooking October/November 2010, p39
Reviews for Sweet Potato Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2012
"Loved this! This is now my go to sweet potato dish."
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2011
"This was way too sweet for my family and I. I doubt I would ever make this recipe again but if I did I would decrease the marmalade, extract and OJ by at least half."