Sweet Potato Custard Pie Recipe
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup whipping topping
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes and place in large bowl; mash. Add marshmallow creme and butter; beat until smooth. Beat in the milk, eggs and extracts.
- 2. Combine the sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually beat into potato mixture and mix well. Pour into pie shell.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 434 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (36g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Sweet Potato Custard Pie
"I love this pie. I will definitely be serving this pie for the holidays."
"I love this recipe and it is the only on that gives just the right texture and it is so smooth. Every time I make them always have to make at least two or three and they always get gone.. This recipe is the BEST.."
"this was a HIT @ thanksgiving,! cant wait 2 make it again this yr =)"
"This recipe sounds really good! Can it be made with canned sweet potatoes or canned pumpkin? And how much would I use?"