Sweet Potato Custard Pie Recipe
I love to bake and experiment with ingredients. Sometimes I get lucky and produce something that's new and tasty, like this pie.—Kathy Roberts, New Hebron, Mississippi
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup whipping topping
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes and place in large bowl; mash. Add marshmallow creme and butter; beat until smooth. Beat in the milk, eggs and extracts.
- 2. Combine the sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually beat into potato mixture and mix well. Pour into pie shell.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 435 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC