- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- PINEAPPLE-CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, pie spice, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, combine eggs sweet potatoes, pineapple and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and raisins. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, pineapple and vanilla; beat until blended. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 16 cupcakes.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Cupcakes in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p52
Reviews for Sweet Potato Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review