Sweet Potato Crunch Recipe
"We put super local sweet potatoes to good use in this irresistible dessert," says Ruth Carter of Van Vleet, Mississippi.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. YIELD:12-16 servings
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional chopped pecans, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour and pecans. Stir in butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cover and boil for 15 minutes or just until tender; drain and mash. Add sugar, butter and extracts; stir until smooth. Spread over crust.
- 3. For topping, beat cream cheese and sugar in a bowl until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over filling. sprinkle with pecans if desired. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 420 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC