Sweet Potato Crostini Recipe
For party time, I turn this sweet potato side dish into an appetizer by serving it on slices of a French baguette. — Steve Westphal, Wind Lake, Wisconsin
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups miniature marshmallows, halved
- Minced fresh rosemary, optional
- 1. Place bread in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets; brush with butter. In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over tops. Bake at 400° for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another bowl, mix the sweet potatoes, pecans, brown sugar and butter. Spoon onto toasts; top with marshmallows, pressing lightly to adhere. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows are lightly browned. Sprinkle with rosemary if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 82 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC