For party time, I turn this sweet potato side dish into an appetizer by serving it on slices of a French baguette. — Steve Westphal, Wind Lake, Wisconsin
Featured In: 17 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes for a Crowd
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups miniature marshmallows, halved
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix sugar and cinnamon. Arrange bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with sugar mixture. Bake until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven; preheat broiler.
- Mix sweet potatoes, pecans, brown sugar and butter; spread over toasts. Top with marshmallows, pressing lightly. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until marshmallows are lightly toasted, 1-2 minutes. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Crostini in Taste of Home October/November 2012, p32
Reviews for Sweet Potato Crostini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review