Kathy Hamsher of Moon Township, Pennsylvania shares her not-too-sweet potato crisp with a wonderful buttery crumb topping. “This is a welcome change from candied sweet potatoes,” she writes.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium apples, quartered
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, cream cheese and cinnamon until smooth. Spread evenly into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Place apples and cranberries in a food processor; cover and process until chopped. Spread over sweet potato mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats and brown sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans; sprinkle over filling. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Crisp in Light & Tasty December/January 2007, p51
Reviews for Sweet Potato Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review