Sweet Potato Crescents Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) cut sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water; let stand for 5 minutes. Beat in the sweet potatoes, sugar, shortening, egg, salt and 3 cups flour. Add enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide into thirds. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; cut each into 12 wedges. Brush with butter. Roll up from the wide end and place, pointed end down, 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Crescents
Sort By :
"My family loves these! I have been making them for years."
"Excellent rolls. Light as a feather. I use fresh cooked sweet potatoes. Great any time of the year!"
"I haven't made this yet, but would like to try it with fresh SP. Does anyone have an approximate measurement of one can, mashed?"
"Great recipe!!!! my whole family liked it alot!!! I will be making these again!"