- top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll out to
- 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. doughnut cutter;
- reroll scraps. Place 1-in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and
- let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- doughnuts, a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides. Drain
- on paper towels. Combine confectioners' sugar and apple cider; dip
- warm doughnuts in glaze. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 glazed doughnut equals 191 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.