This recipe uses delicious items you have in your pantry, like sweet potatoes, cranberries, coconut and chocolate chips. Everyone will enjoy this delicious dessert! —Amie Valpone, New York, New York
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, sweet potatoes, buttermilk, eggs, oil and vanilla; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and chili powder. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with cranberries, coconut and chocolate chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Cranberry Cake in Healthy Cooking October/November 2012, p45
Reviews for Sweet Potato Cranberry Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review