Sweet Potato Cranberry Bake Recipe
In October, my husband helps harvest cranberries at a friend's bogs, so I have access to the very freshest ingredients. Their bold autumn flavor pairs up perfectly with sweet potatoes to make a seasonal side dish my family looks forward to.
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-50 minutes or until tender. Drain. When cool enough to handle, peel potatoes and cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- 2. Place half in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the cranberries, brown sugar and butter. Repeat layers. Pour orange juice over top. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC