Sweet Potato Cranberry Bake
In October, my husband helps harvest cranberries at a friend's bogs, so I have access to the very freshest ingredients. Their bold autumn flavor pairs up perfectly with sweet potatoes to make a seasonal side dish my family looks forward to.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 50 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-50 minutes or until
- tender. Drain. When cool enough to handle, peel potatoes and cut
- into 1/4-in. slices.
- Place half in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the
- cranberries, brown sugar and butter. Repeat layers. Pour orange
- juice over top. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut
- in butter. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, 10
- minutes longer or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 6-8