- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-50 minutes or until tender. Drain. When cool enough to handle, peel potatoes and cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- Place half in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the cranberries, brown sugar and butter. Repeat layers. Pour orange juice over top. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Cranberry Bake in Country Woman September/October 2003, p33
Reviews for Sweet Potato Cranberry Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2013
"This is an easy an excellent recipe. I don't know if I will ever go back to regular potatoes agin."
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2008
"this is sooo dang delicious!"