Mild sweet potato flavor and a chipotle kick complement the fresh crab in these hearty cakes. Serve them with your favorite mayo or aioli sauce. —Robert Bosley, Pacific, Washington
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1 green onion (white part only), chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free Southwest chipotle seasoning blend
- 4 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, egg yolk, pepper, bread crumbs, cornmeal, sweet potato, onion, parsley, lemon juice, mayonnaise, seafood seasoning, mustard and seasoning blend. Fold in crab. Form into 12 patties; sprinkle with salt.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook crab cakes in oil in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Crab Cakes in Taste of Home April/May 2011, p96
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Crab Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review