Sweet Potato Cinnamon Bread Recipe
My family loves quick breads. This one is moist and spicy. If you don't have mini loaf pans it works just as well in regular size pans. — Nancy Foust, Stoneboro, Pennsylvania
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, sweet potatoes, oil and milk until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in raisins and walnuts.
- 2. Transfer to four greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 loaves (6 slices each).
1 slice equals 299 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC