- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, sweet potatoes, oil and milk until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in raisins and walnuts.
- Transfer to four greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 loaves (6 slices each).
Reviews for Sweet Potato Cinnamon Bread
Sort By :
"I made this today and followed the recipe to the letter except I substituted pecans for walnuts. It was exceptional."
"Mmmmmm! Yummy moist quick bread! Only change i made was to use dried cranberries instead of raisins. This recipe is a keeper!"
"The recipe was so awesome and so delicious. The 1st time I made it I followed the recipe. The 2nd time I made it I didn't put in raisins and instead of milk I used egg nog. I will definitely be making the bread more often."
"I made this bread this a.m. and changed it a little. instead of raisins i used dried cherries and a few craisins.& used only cinnamon & a little pumpkin pie spice.....made 6 small loaves.it's very good and also gave a loaf to my neighbor...."
"I cannot make a review yet, but I have a question. Would the cinnamon chips possibly be a good addition? My review will bring the stats down but I have not tried the recipe yet."