My family loves quick breads. This one is moist and spicy. If you don't have mini loaf pans it works just as well in regular size pans. — Nancy Foust, Stoneboro, Pennsylvania
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, sweet potatoes, oil and milk until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in raisins and walnuts.
- Transfer to four greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 loaves (6 slices each).
Originally published as Sweet Potato Cinnamon Bread in Taste of Home November 2013
Reviews for Sweet Potato Cinnamon Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review