- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, sweet potatoes, oil and milk until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in raisins and walnuts.
- Transfer to four greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 loaves (6 slices each).
Reviews for Sweet Potato Cinnamon Bread
Sort By :
"This was such a big hit with my friends. It was simple to make, and the flavour was really good. I accidentally added more sweet potato than was called for, but it still turned out just perfect. It made 7 loaves for me."
"I got 7 mini-loaves. I made several batches of this sweet potato bread for "little Thanksgiving gifts". Everyone loved them. This recipe is a keeper, thank you!"
"This recipe is a perfect blend of seasonings - so very tasty! It does NOT, however, make 4 mini loaves. I filled 4 pans 3/4 full & had lots of left over batter. So greased up 2 more pans & divided the batter equally amongst the 6 & the batter still almost filled up the pans. And yes, I used the 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Another Taste of Home recipe on this site: "Sweet Potato Mini Loaves" is almost identical to this one & states it makes 6 mini loaves."
"This is a very good quick bread. Moist & a good balance of sweet & spice. I used the mini loaf pans as suggested, and there was enough batter left to make 1 9x5 loaf. I thought the yeild note at the battom of the recipe was misleading, but it is obvious there will be more than 4 mini loaves."