Sweet Potato Chips
My husband never cared for sweet potatoes until he married me. I tell him it must be my cooking! He can't resist dipping into a bowl of these crunchy chips. They're a nice change from regular potato chips.Janelle Lee, Appleton, Wisconsin.
5 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + soaking Cook: 10 min.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Salt to taste
- Soak potatoes in 2-qt. of ice water for 1 hour; drain and pat dry.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- potatoes, seven or eight slices at a time, 1-2 minutes or until
- golden brown on both sides, turning once. Drain on paper towels;
- sprinkle with salt. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without salt) equals 136 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.