Sweet Potato Chips and Cucumber Dip Recipe
Simple seasoned salt fabulously flavors crisp sweet potato chips. The creamy cucumber sauce is a nice accompaniment.—Melinda Winner, Joffre, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min./batch YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large cucumber
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Peel cucumber and remove seeds. Place cucumber in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Remove half of cucumber; set aside. Process remaining cucumber until pureed; add chopped and pureed cucumber to sour cream mixture. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Cut sweet potatoes into 1/16-in.-thick slices. Place in a large bowl; cover with cold water. Soak for 30 minutes.
- 3. Drain; pat dry with paper towels. In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry potatoes in batches for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- 4. Immediately sprinkle with seasoned salt; serve with dip. Store leftover chips in airtight containers. Yield: 10 cups chips (2 cups dip).
3/4 cup with about 2-1/2 tablespoons sauce equals 184 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 371 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC