- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large cucumber
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Peel cucumber and remove seeds. Place cucumber in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Remove half of cucumber; set aside. Process remaining cucumber until pureed; add chopped and pureed cucumber to sour cream mixture. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1/16-in.-thick slices. Place in a large bowl; cover with cold water. Soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain; pat dry with paper towels. In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry potatoes in batches for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Immediately sprinkle with seasoned salt; serve with dip. Store leftover chips in airtight containers. Yield: 10 cups chips (2 cups dip).
Originally published as Sweet Potato Chips and Cucumber Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p200
Reviews for Sweet Potato Chips and Cucumber Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review