Sweet Potato Chicken Stew Recipe
Sweet potatoes, chicken and shredded cabbage are just a few of the ingredients that make this hearty stew a great one-bowl meal.
- 3 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place the sweet potatoes and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 6 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 2. In a Dutch oven, saute chicken in oil for 8-9 minutes or until juices run clear. Add the cabbage, broth, peas, tomatoes, celery, tomato juice, pepper, salt and sweet potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 250 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 907 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Chicken Stew
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC