Sweet Potato Cheesecake Bars Recipe
Your whole house will be filled with the aroma of pumpkin spice when you bake these wonderful sweet potato cheesecake bars. They look complicated but are so easy, you can whip up a batch anytime. —Nancy Whitford, Edwards, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 can (15 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups granola without raisins
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Place the sweet potatoes, cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, egg and pie spice in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Spread over crust.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, vanilla and remaining sugar. Spread over filling. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or just until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 piece equals 259 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC