Sweet Potato Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (15 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups granola without raisins
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Place the sweet potatoes, cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, egg and pie spice in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Spread over crust.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, vanilla and remaining sugar. Spread over filling. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or just until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 piece: 259 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Cheesecake Bars
"This is a great way to use sweet potato. Certainly can't tell there is any in this recipe, if that is something you are wanting. This was a hit with my two young boys who won't touch sweet potatoes any other way."
"This is a really yummy recipe. I have made pumpkin cheesecake before and decided to give this a try. Everyone that tried it really loved it. I am making it again to take to a church party."
"These were a huge hit at a family gathering. I was intrigued by the unusual combination of sweet potato and dessert. I wasn't disappointed. Sinfully delicious!"
"No one could believe this had sweet potato in it - Everyone loved it!!! Had to make it twice in one week to share with both my office and my husband's."