Sweet Potato Cheese Ball
My husband and I farm 300 acres of sweet potatoes. I promote our product at fairs, ag expos and school functions. I pass out recipes and this is one of the favorites.
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Assorted crackers, breadsticks or raw vegetables
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sweet potatoes until smooth. Add the
- next seven ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours
- or until easy to handle. Shape into a ball; cover and refrigerate
- for 4 hours or until firm. Serve with crackers, breadsticks or
- vegetables. Yield: about 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 71 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.