- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Assorted crackers, breadsticks or raw vegetables
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sweet potatoes until smooth. Add the next seven ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until easy to handle. Shape into a ball; cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Serve with crackers, breadsticks or vegetables. Yield: about 3 cups.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Cheese Ball in Country October/November 2000, p49
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 10, 2012
"Absolutely loved it!! Followed the recipe exactly and wouldn't change a thing. Can't wait to make it again."