Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
I got this recipe from a friend years ago, and I've used it a lot since! So many of my friends enjoyed it that I've sent the recipe all over the country! I make it primarily for Thanksgiving, or for dinners when I'm serving ham.
- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 pounds (about 4 cups) sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and mashed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, butter, eggs, milk, vanilla extract and sugar. Spread into a greased 1-1/2-qt. casserole.
- 2. For topping, combine all the ingredients and sprinkle over potatoes. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 390 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC