Sweet Potato Casserole
I got this recipe from a friend years ago, and I've used it a lot since! So many of my friends enjoyed it that I've sent the recipe all over the country! I make it primarily for Thanksgiving, or for dinners when I'm serving ham.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 pounds (about 4 cups) sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and mashed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, butter, eggs, milk,
- vanilla extract and sugar. Spread into a greased 1-1/2-qt.
- For topping, combine all the ingredients and sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer reads
- 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 390 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium,