- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 pounds (about 4 cups) sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and mashed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, butter, eggs, milk, vanilla extract and sugar. Spread into a greased 1-1/2-qt. casserole.
- For topping, combine all the ingredients and sprinkle over potatoes. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Casserole
"This was great! Only difference I did was add just a sprinkle of sea salt to the mashed sweet potatoes. Then to the topping added just a small touch of maple syrup. Then topped the topping with corn flake crumbs."
"This is an easy, delicious recipe that I've been using for years - with the exception of coconut. It still tastes great without it."
"Hi.What can I use in place of coconut?"
"This has been a family holiday favorite for over 20 years. I leave out the coconut because not everyone in my family likes it. Otherwise it is delicious."
"I added some cinnamon to the casserole and left the topping off (my family prefers sweet potato casserole without a topping)."