Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans Recipe
This convenient casserole calls for canned sweet potatoes, so preparation time is minimal. The nutty, brown sugar topping adds a bit of crunch. —Anita Briner, Etters, Pennsylvania
- 2 cans (40 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1. In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes. Add the eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and pecans; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 361 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 152 mg cholesterol, 326 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC