Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans Recipe
- 2 cans (40 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1. In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes. Add the eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and pecans; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 361 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 152 mg cholesterol, 326 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans
"Makes an excellent dish! Not wanting the burned marshmallow version of sweet potato casserole, this recipe provided the nice crunchy texture of a cookie-like topping. Followed directions exactly but adjusted ratios for one 30oz can of potatoes. As a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home I appreciate classic recipes that are easy to prepare."
"Made this for Thanksgiving this year and absolutely loved it. I have never been a fan of my Mom's sweet potatoes with marshmallows and pecans on top (sorry Mom) but I could eat this year round. I love the topping on this casserole. Thanks for sharing!"
"Yes, it does call for 8 eggs. My family loved it. Will make again!"
"Does this recipe really call for 8 eggs? That seem like a lot. Making this soon and don't want to mess it up. Thanks"
"so yummy I will make this every holiday!"
"Was easy to make and got lots of compliments."
"Love, love, LOVE this recipe! we made it last year and I was so excited to see it again."
"I made this for a family Christmas party and it was a great success. It is so delicious even with the canned sweet potatos."
"Thanksgiving day hit! Everyone asking me to bring it for Christmas dinner also."
"I made this recipe for an office party. It went over wonderfully."
"I made this for Thanksgiving dinner and the enire dish was gone by the end of the day. My family really enjoyed it. I will make this dish again."