- 2 cans (40 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes. Add the eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and pecans; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans
Sort By :
Yes, it does call for 8 eggs. My family loved it. Will make again!
Does this recipe really call for 8 eggs? That seem like a lot. Making this soon and don't want to mess it up. Thanks
so yummy I will make this every holiday!
Was easy to make and got lots of compliments.
Love, love, LOVE this recipe! we made it last year and I was so excited to see it again.