- 2 cans (40 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes. Add the eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and pecans; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans
"Makes an excellent dish! Not wanting the burned marshmallow version of sweet potato casserole, this recipe provided the nice crunchy texture of a cookie-like topping. Followed directions exactly but adjusted ratios for one 30oz can of potatoes. As a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home I appreciate classic recipes that are easy to prepare."
"Made this for Thanksgiving this year and absolutely loved it. I have never been a fan of my Mom's sweet potatoes with marshmallows and pecans on top (sorry Mom) but I could eat this year round. I love the topping on this casserole. Thanks for sharing!"
"Yes, it does call for 8 eggs. My family loved it. Will make again!"
"Does this recipe really call for 8 eggs? That seem like a lot. Making this soon and don't want to mess it up. Thanks"
"so yummy I will make this every holiday!"