This convenient casserole calls for canned sweet potatoes, so preparation time is minimal. The nutty, brown sugar topping adds a bit of crunch. —Anita Briner, Etters, Pennsylvania
- 2 cans (40 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes. Add the eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and pecans; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p111
Reviews for Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review