Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping Recipe
Thanksgiving wouldn't be the same for Scott Jones without this sensational side dish. "The caramelized pecan topping is a great change from marshmallows, but I don't think it's any lighter," he writes from Tulsa, Oklahoma. "Can you trim it down?"
- 1-3/4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 large), peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Drain and place in a food processor. Add the eggs, butter, milk and extracts; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture; sprinkle with pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup equals 379 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC