Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping Recipe
- 1-3/4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 large), peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Drain and place in a food processor. Add the eggs, butter, milk and extracts; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture; sprinkle with pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 379 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping
"I make this every year but add a touch of maple syrup to the potatos and 2 tablespoons more butter to the topping. everyone loves it!!"
"It was OK but not fantastic. I liked the idea of not having sugar in the sweet potatoes but on instead. My potatoes turned out very fluffy. I will try this recipe again but not in the food processor. I will try mashing with a hand mixer. They just turned out too thin. The topping was ok but I think I would prefer melting the butter and mixing with the sugar and flour rather than cut butter for more of a crumb topping. I will also add cinnamon."
"This recipe won everyone in my family over. Nothing else will do during the holidays now. I manage a kitchen for a summer camp, & we make this to serve 70. The Campers love it!"