Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping Recipe
- 1-3/4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 large), peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and place in a food processor. Add the eggs, butter, milk and extracts; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture; sprinkle with pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crunchy Sweet Potato Casserole in Light & Tasty
Reviews for Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2011
This recipe won everyone in my family over. Nothing else will do during the holidays now. I manage a kitchen for a summer camp, & we make this to serve 70. The Campers love it!