Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 pounds (about 4 cups) sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and mashed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, butter, eggs, milk, vanilla extract and sugar. Spread into a greased 1-1/2-qt. casserole.
- For topping, combine all the ingredients and sprinkle over potatoes. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Casserole(7)
Sort By :
Terrific Thanksgiving recipe! What a crowd pleaser!!!
awesome recipe been making this 3 or 4 yrs now people that generally don,t eat sweet potatoes actually enjoy this for some reason
Phenominal I make a sweet potato casserole every year. Not sure if this is the same recipe, but it has the same ingredients. I also use less sugar, both in and on top of this.
My whole family loves this version of sweet potato casserole. No marshmallows for us please. We don't like it supper sweet; sweet potatoes have their own natural sweetness (that's why they are "sweet" potatoes) so we generally don't add that much sugar, if any. This will definitely have a place on the Thanksgiving table!
I agree with the other reviewers... this is more of a dessert than a side dish. I'll probably make this again, but I'll halve the sugar.