Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 pounds (about 4 cups) sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and mashed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, butter, eggs, milk, vanilla extract and sugar. Spread into a greased 1-1/2-qt. casserole.
- For topping, combine all the ingredients and sprinkle over potatoes. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Casserole
Sort By :
"Hi.What can I use in place of coconut?"
"This has been a family holiday favorite for over 20 years. I leave out the coconut because not everyone in my family likes it. Otherwise it is delicious."
"I added some cinnamon to the casserole and left the topping off (my family prefers sweet potato casserole without a topping)."
"This recipe has been a favorite with my family for over 20 years! (As a matter of fact, I still use the original recipe card which I clipped from Country in 1991!) I do cut back a bit on the amount of sugar in the sweet potato mixture, since the delicious topping adds plenty of sweetness."
"Terrific Thanksgiving recipe! What a crowd pleaser!!!"