Sweet Potato Carrot Crisp
Sweet potatoes take a different twist in this whipped side dish that pairs them with carrots. It's subtly sweet and has just a hint of garlic, while the nut and crumb topping adds a fun crunch to any holiday meal.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook sweet potatoes and carrots until tender;
- drain. Cool slightly; place in a blender or food processor. Add
- orange juice, honey, butter, garlic, salt and cinnamon; cover and
- process until smooth. Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover, bake 15-20
- minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 111 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium,