Sweet potatoes take a different twist in this whipped side dish that pairs them with carrots. It's subtly sweet and has just a hint of garlic, while the nut and crumb topping adds a fun crunch to any holiday meal.
Recommended: 23 Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook sweet potatoes and carrots until tender; drain. Cool slightly; place in a blender or food processor. Add orange juice, honey, butter, garlic, salt and cinnamon; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over sweet potato mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover, bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Carrot Crisp in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p29
Reviews for Sweet Potato Carrot Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review