Sweet Potato Cake Roll Recipe
Smooth cream cheese filling is all rolled up in the cinnamony sweet potato flavor of a sponge cake. This tantalizing change-of-pace dessert makes an attractive conclusion to a holiday meal.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Add sweet potatoes; mix well. Combine flour and cinnamon; fold into sweet potato mixture. Spread into pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes; invert cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For filling, in a bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in nuts. Unroll cake; spread filling evenly over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 326 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Sweet Potato Cake Roll
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC