Sweet Potato Butter
This smooth creamy spread has a great combination of sweet potatoes and apples. It's a sweet and satisfying topping for a variety of breads.
—Barbara Hoard, Mathis, Texas
32 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 2 hours 5 min. + chilling
- 6 cups diced peeled sweet potatoes
- 2 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 4 cups water
- 2/3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a heavy saucepan, combine all ingredients; mix well. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 to 2-1/4 hours or until
- mixture is thickened and about 1 cup of liquid remains, stirring
- In a blender, process mixture in batches until smooth. Transfer to
- jars or containers. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 46 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.