This smooth creamy spread has a great combination of sweet potatoes and apples. It's a sweet and satisfying topping for a variety of breads. —Barbara Hoard, Mathis, Texas
Featured In: 22 Ways to Cook with Cinnamon
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 cups diced peeled sweet potatoes
- 2 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 4 cups water
- 2/3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a heavy saucepan, combine all ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 to 2-1/4 hours or until mixture is thickened and about 1 cup of liquid remains, stirring occasionally.
- In a blender, process mixture in batches until smooth. Transfer to jars or containers. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4 cups.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Butter in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p107
Reviews forSweet Potato Butter
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 8, 2015
"I made this tonight. It has a great taste, now will need to see how well it sets up. Made the house smell wonderful also."
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2010
"I made this recipe as written and it is wonderful!"