This smooth creamy spread has a great combination of sweet potatoes and apples. It's a sweet and satisfying topping for a variety of breads. —Barbara Hoard, Mathis, Texas
- 6 cups diced peeled sweet potatoes
- 2 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 4 cups water
- 2/3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a heavy saucepan, combine all ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 to 2-1/4 hours or until mixture is thickened and about 1 cup of liquid remains, stirring occasionally.
- In a blender, process mixture in batches until smooth. Transfer to jars or containers. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4 cups.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Butter in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p107
Reviews for Sweet Potato Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review