- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, potatoes, oil and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and pineapple. Serve with bread. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices) and 1 cup butter.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Bread & Pineapple Butter
Sort By :
"Sounds real good. But I'm not a fan of the butter. What would the nutritionals be without it?You can't post a question without rating the recipe? I feel bad rating it since I haven't tried it, but that looks like the only way I can get my question posted"
"Couldn't stop picking off the delicious crusty pieces on top! I would recommend mixing a tablespoon of pineapple butter first to see if you'll like it. I found it to be overpowering, and the bread was too good to cover up the flavor."
"This has become a year round favorite! Wonderful flavor and the pineapple butter makes it a special occasion!"
"This bread was very moist! I did make a couple of changes. I only used 1 cup of sugar and added some extra sweet potato that I had left over (1/2 cup more). I took this bread to a gathering and couldn't even sit down before I was asked about the recipe. It was gone pretty fast for someone coming late to the gathering. Have already made this 3 other times. It's a winner."
"Very good bread, though I'm dubious about the pineapple butter and didn't make it--sounds too sweet to me"