- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, potatoes, oil and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and pineapple. Serve with bread. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices) and 1 cup butter.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Bread & Pineapple Butter
Sort By :
"Very, very good! Hubby is my critic on all new recipes. Says this is a keeper. Instead of 1/3 cup of water I used orange juice. Baking time was 1 hour 10 minutes in my oven. Very moist."
"definitely a five star recipe. my family loved this. my dad actually made the comment that he'll "never eat banana bread again!" It was delicious! I think the pineapple butter would be great with other things, too."
"Excellent bread! As another reviewer suggested I reduced the sugar to one cup. I substituted 1/4 teaspoon cloves and 1/4 teaspoon allspice for the nutmeg and added about a cup of walnuts. I didn't make the pineapple butter ... the bread is yummy, moist and sweet all on its own. I bake a lot of quick breads and this one will definitely be placed in the tried and true file!"
"Sounds real good. But I'm not a fan of the butter. What would the nutritionals be without it?You can't post a question without rating the recipe? I feel bad rating it since I haven't tried it, but that looks like the only way I can get my question posted"
"Couldn't stop picking off the delicious crusty pieces on top! I would recommend mixing a tablespoon of pineapple butter first to see if you'll like it. I found it to be overpowering, and the bread was too good to cover up the flavor."