Sweet Potato Biscuits
Sweet potatoes give these wholesome biscuits a pretty orange color that is sure to add a fun and festive much to your holiday table. My family gobbles them up!Lauren McMann, Blairsville, Georgia
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes (without added butter or milk)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in shortening
- until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, combine the
- egg, sweet potatoes and milk. Stir into crumb mixture just until
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10-12 times or until smooth. Roll
- out to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter; place
- on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly
- browned. Serve warm. Yield: 10 biscuits.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 149 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.