- 1-1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes (without added butter or milk)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, combine the egg, sweet potatoes and milk. Stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10-12 times or until smooth. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 10 biscuits.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Biscuits
Sort By :
"My husband and I both loved them. We put a little honey butter on them and they were perfect. Plus it was a great way to sneak in an extra hidden serving of vegetables."
"It's a great way to get the kids to eat that weird orange potato. I love them, too, with a little sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar."