Sweet Potato Biscuits
Even people who don't like sweet potatoes will enjoy these colorful biscuits from Andrea Bolden. "They are good served with butter and maple syrup," points out the baker from Unionville, Tennessee.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-2/3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, milk and butter. Combine the
- flour and sugar; stir in the sweet potato mixture just until
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough slightly or until no longer
- sticky. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in.
- biscuit cutter. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at
- 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield:
- 9 biscuits.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 164 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.