Sweet Potato Biscuits
Moist and sweet, these biscuits are a delightful addition to any holiday meal even breakfast. They don't need butter...but they'll taste even better when you spread some on.
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes (prepared without milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, combine sweet potatoes, butter, sugar and milk; add
- to flour mixture and mix well.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll to 1/2-in.
- thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter; place on greased
- baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden
- brown. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 184 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.