Sweet Potato Banana Bake Recipe
This yummy casserole makes what's good for you taste good too. Pairing bananas with sweet potatoes unites two power foods into a change-of-pace side dish. Try it with roasted poultry. —Susan McCartney, Onalaska, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until smooth. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup equals 189 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC