Sweet Potato Balls Recipe
This is the perfect dish to get the kids involved in the kitchen. They will help mold the balls and they will love the taste of something they made.—Tammy Neubauer, Ida Grove, Iowa
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 12 large marshmallows
- 3/4 cup finely crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. Mold a spoonful of the sweet potatoes around each marshmallow; roll in cornflake crumbs. Place in a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a saucepan, bring brown sugar, butter and milk to a boil; pour over the balls. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 340 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Balls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC