Sweet Potato Balls Recipe
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 12 large marshmallows
- 3/4 cup finely crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. Mold a spoonful of the sweet potatoes around each marshmallow; roll in cornflake crumbs. Place in a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a saucepan, bring brown sugar, butter and milk to a boil; pour over the balls. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Yield: 1 dozen.
2 each: 340 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Balls
"I was really hoping this would be a terrific hit on Thanksgiving, and made this year (Nov 2015) instead of the traditional sweet potato recipe. You know? Just myself and one other tried it (another adult at that), out of nearly 20 people. It was ok, but I did not think better that the recipe everyone knows and loves. It was pretty easy (and fun) to mold the balls and I love the concept, but in the end probably wouldn't make again."
"I love marshmallow but not on yams..usually. What a great spin this is!! We all loved it!"
"I have made these sweet potato balls since I first read it in your magazine. It is alway a hit, and is expected to be severed on Thanksgiving."