- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 12 large marshmallows
- 3/4 cup finely crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Mold a spoonful of the sweet potatoes around each marshmallow; roll in cornflake crumbs. Place in a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a saucepan, bring brown sugar, butter and milk to a boil; pour over the balls. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Balls in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p14
Reviews for Sweet Potato Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2008
I have made these sweet potato balls since I first read it in your magazine. It is alway a hit, and is expected to be severed on Thanksgiving.