This is the perfect dish to get the kids involved in the kitchen. They will help mold the balls and they will love the taste of something they made.—Tammy Neubauer, Ida Grove, Iowa
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 12 large marshmallows
- 3/4 cup finely crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Mold a spoonful of the sweet potatoes around each marshmallow; roll in cornflake crumbs. Place in a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a saucepan, bring brown sugar, butter and milk to a boil; pour over the balls. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Balls in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p14
Reviews for Sweet Potato Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2014
"I love marshmallow but not on yams..usually. What a great spin this is!! We all loved it!"
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2008
"I have made these sweet potato balls since I first read it in your magazine. It is alway a hit, and is expected to be severed on Thanksgiving."