Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
Our state produces a lot of oranges and raisins, which give this dish its unique flavor. The delicious sauce lifts sweet potatoes out of the ordinary.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes or yams, cooked and peeled
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, then into 2-in. pieces. Place in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, sugar, raisins, butter, cornstarch and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes longer.
- 3. Pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 246 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC