Our state produces a lot of oranges and raisins, which give this dish its unique flavor. The delicious sauce lifts sweet potatoes out of the ordinary.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes or yams, cooked and peeled
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, then into 2-in. pieces. Place in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, sugar, raisins, butter, cornstarch and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes longer.
- Pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Bake in Country October/November 1995, p49
Reviews for Sweet Potato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review