Sweet Potato Apple Scallop Recipe
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 medium)
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cored
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place sweet potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cut apples into 1/4-in. rings; cut in half. Arrange over sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Combine the brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and orange extract; sprinkle over apples. Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Apple Scallop(1)
Sort By :
The apple/brown sugar topping was delicious, but I think next time I'll dredge the sweet potato slices in the brown sugar mixture before putting in the baking dish - the delicious topping didn't get down to the potatoes. Also, my daughter thought there was too much cinnamin, so I'll try reducing it and the pumpkin pie spice to to 1/4 teaspoon each and see how that works.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >