Sweet Potato Apple Salad
This is a version of an old family recipe. Very popular with our chicken dishes, it's colorful, sweet and fruity. I like to cook fresh sweet potatoes when preparing this salad, but you can use canned if you need to save time.—The Raspberry Room, Elwin, Illinois
32 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 4 cups cubed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 4 red delicious apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- In a large bowl, gently toss first six ingredients. Combine whipped
- topping and Miracle Whip; fold into fruit mixture. Cover and chill
- at least 1 hour. Yield: 32 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 148 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.