This is a version of an old family recipe. Very popular with our chicken dishes, it's colorful, sweet and fruity. I like to cook fresh sweet potatoes when preparing this salad, but you can use canned if you need to save time.—The Raspberry Room, Elwin, Illinois
- 4 cups cubed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 4 red delicious apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- In a large bowl, gently toss first six ingredients. Combine whipped topping and Miracle Whip; fold into fruit mixture. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Yield: 32 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Apple Salad in Taste of Home October/November 1994, p51
Reviews for Sweet Potato Apple Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2009
"This is one of several absolute favorites and it is from my very very favorite TOH magazine. I got three winners out of that magazine and I make them every single year."