This is a version of an old family recipe. Very popular with our chicken dishes, it's colorful, sweet and fruity. I like to cook fresh sweet potatoes when preparing this salad, but you can use canned if you need to save time.—The Raspberry Room, Elwin, Illinois
Recommended: 43 Amazing Ways to Love Sweet Potatoes
- 4 cups cubed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 4 red delicious apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- In a large bowl, gently toss first six ingredients. Combine whipped topping and Miracle Whip; fold into fruit mixture. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Yield: 32 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Apple Salad in Taste of Home October/November 1994, p51
Reviews for Sweet Potato Apple Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2009
"This is one of several absolute favorites and it is from my very very favorite TOH magazine. I got three winners out of that magazine and I make them every single year."