Sweet Potato Apple Dressing Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups diced cooked sweet potatoes
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and diced
- 4 cups soft bread cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a skillet, saute onions and celery in butter until tender. Transfer to a large bowl; add the sweet potatoes, apples, bread cubes and walnuts. Add eggs; toss to coat. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 10-12 servings.
3/4 cup: 222 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Apple Dressing
"Thanks for the recipe! We love dressing/stuffing and this will go with the favourites. We also love sweet potatoes so this covers a couple of bases. I did throw in a generous 1/2 cup of craisins as well."